We are looking for designers to work with us on a range of projects in 2016.
Who we want
Most of our work is digital, that is where your expertise should be. We are interested in the design of services and applications – beyond just ‘data-viz’ one-shots. Our work responds to the needs of the business problem. Our 2016 pipeline includes work across retail, sports, media, finance, and aviation. We have a variety of shapes of projects so we can talk to you about short as well as long-term options.
We are seeking a designer with at least three years studio experience looking to work at the meeting point of data visualisation and interaction design. Key to our work is the need to be able to think structurally, in complex domains, and bring together skills from a range of disciplines including information architecture, interaction design, information design, and product design.
We move quickly, so understanding how to work in the appropriate fidelity for each stage of the project is a must. In addition to the core design work, you will also need to have experience interacting with clients: gathering information, presenting and being very credible.
Responsibilities in more detail
Research and concepting
- Insights based on real user understanding.
- Understand the technical and business parameters.
- Create concepts that work across relevant platforms and channels.
- Give shape to design concepts for first-sight presentations.
- Iterate ideas and sketches quickly.
- Use relevant design/prototyping techniques to match the fidelity of the brief.
- Manage execution, engineering discussions, specification, delivery
- Clear written English.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Proactive studio communication (don’t hide in your headphones).
Send a mail explaining what you are currently doing and an example of work (link or PDF) that best sells what you do to [email protected]